Starting in 2012 CMS would also like to call on our students to critically think about music by participating in an annual competition. This contest involves an essay, poem or musical composition involving music that will demonstrate a student's dedication and passion for the arts.
Competition Rules and Regulations
Topic: Own choice (Must be related to Music and/or Piano)
1. A $50/$25 gift card to winners
2. A certificate will be awarded to each winner.
Submission: April 01, 2015
Deadline: May 01, 2015
1. Total 2 winners will be selected.
2. Write an essay/ paragraph /poem and/or musical composition using the topics given.
(In case you want to compose a piece, please submit a program note along with your composition) (Musical Composition must be written for piano solo/duet/trio)
Download a free trial version of Finale (Composition Software)
You may submit a mp3 file and/or video file of your composition.
3. Complete work must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Selected works will be posted on studio website at www.claviermusicstudio.net as well as our E-newsletter ''Klavier''
5. Winners' compositions will be showcased at the recital.
6. CMS Writing Competition is open to current CMS students only.
First Place Winner (Sangeetha Kasturi)
A piano resurrects the dead
Souls of composers that have spread
The music which we love today
The ones we dream to be one day
A piano resurrects the style
Of music that makes the world smile
Music from the past
Styles of music; unsurpassed
Baroque, Classical and Romantic
Styles of music; so gigantic
A piano resurrects the emotions
Evoked by certain musical notions
A passion that is so strong
It can only be expressed in song
A piano resurrects the friendship
Develops a relationship
Between piano and player
Adding a new layer
It helps them become one
To play together; much more fun!
A piano resurrects the desire
To compete; a sensation of burning fire
The belief that we will one day be the best
It is our greatest quest
A piano resurrects the gratitude
We have towards the people, who take us to such altitude
That no one else can reach us
They train us to be the best; they are teachers
They teach us everything they know
They are the ones that make us glow